Give Aloha grows HIM
HIM has participated in Foodland's Give Aloha matching gifts program ever since Give Aloha was introduced in 1999. Give Aloha is a wonderful, community-sourced event that gives back to Hawaii in two major ways:
- It encourages the people of Hawai‘i to support nonprofit organizations in our island community.
- It allows the average "Malia and Kimo" to help determine how Foodland and the Western Union Foundation distribute their charitable giving. This year, that's $300,000!
Here's how it works:
Throughout September, Foodland customers are invited to make donations up to $249 to their favorite participating Hawaii non-profit organizations at checkout. To make the doation, customers must have a Foodland Maika‘i card — available at no charge from Foodland customer service). Donations to each organization are tracked, and Foodland’s matching gift is divided proportionately among all participating organizations based on customer donations.
Your gift through Give Aloha blesses HIM.
- IT MAKES SENSE. It's easy. All you have to do is stop by by your nearby Foodland or Sack 'N Save store and make a gift at the check-out register. You can buy milk, ice, poke, cold drinks at the same time!
- IT MAKES CENTS. Every dollar is worth more than a dollar when you Give Aloha. Whenever you give, you automatically instruct the Foodland/Western Foundation to also give to HIM, allotting a portion of their $300,000 to HIM.
- AND IT MAKES SCENTS. When you give to HIM, you are helping train God's people to spread the good news of Jesus Christ's saving love throughout the world. As Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 2:14, God "uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere."
Please Give Aloha to HIM at your local Foodland or Sack 'N Save Store! Give $1 to $249 throughout the month of September!At the register, tell the check-out clerk you want to make a Give Aloha gift to HAWAIIAN ISLANDS MINISTRIES. Or use the HIM Organization Code: 77430.
Click here to find a Foodland or Sack 'N Save Store near you.
Click here to make a gift online to HIM now if you don't have a Foodland or Sack 'N Save conveniently near you.